1. Assist with the general running of the area team and help co-ordinate activities relating to the following:
a) Accepting, processing and invoicing sales orders
b) Providing support to the credit control function, including contacting customers to progress payment, preparation for area credit meetings, and where appropriate, liaising with management to resolve issues.
c) Liaising with the transport team.
d) Liaising with the product teams with regard to material purchases, stockholding and colour compound requirements.
e) Liaising with the external representatives on a day-to-day basis with regard to sales, samples, quotations and general market information.
f) To keep accurate files and records supporting the external staff and internal procedures within CRM system.
2. Provide support to the Area Sales team and work to improve customer relations and systems in support of the business.
3. Liaise with customers with regard to sales orders, deliveries and complaints.
a) Chase existing business and lost business
4. Enter all quotations, samples and market information into given systems (including ERP system and CRM) and liaise with other members of the team, product managers, and the sales manager to follow these through to their ultimate conclusion. This includes logging samples sent to customers and consistently following these up and evaluating the effectiveness of sampling.
5. Work as a team to report on the area’s sales results at the end of each month and discuss these results within sales meetings and whenever required.
6. Be flexible in respect of the company’s needs where necessary,providing cover for absent colleagues and providing training for new members of staff.
7. Work to improve knowledge of the company’s products.
8. Report the occurrence of any non-conformance through CRM, using Cases.
9.Assess the credit-worthiness of companies contacted and make recommendations.
10.Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
11. Occasional company travel may be required.