Up to £24,000 per annum
Permanent, full time
Responsible to: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Ashby de-la Zouch
Division: Plasfilms / Plasfoils
Did you know that the UK plastics industry is the third largest sector employer in UK manufacturing, employing over 182,000. That means that more people are employed in plastics than in glass, steel, and paper combined.
As one of the industry’s leading distributors of plastics raw materials, Plastribution has a remarkable reputation. Over the last four decades, we have been consistent in delivery reliability, know-how and unrivalled customer service for our customers. We now have the potential to double in size over the next decade, but we need highly capable, talented and team orientated people to help make that happen.
There is no better time to join Plastribution. We offer a vibrant, open plan working environment that has been purposely created to enable staff to communicate better and thrive. The positive atmosphere at Plastribution is dynamic and fun, which in turn promotes a culture of productivity that is unmatched amongst our competitors.
As part of our continued growth the opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and proactive individual to join our Supply Chain Team. The Supply Chain Co-ordinator is responsible for end-to-end freight management and requires a candidate that has excellent attention to detail, communication skills and a pro-active approach.
This is a permanent, full time position based in Ashby-de-la-zouch.
Experience with end-to-end freight management would be beneficial.
Duties of the Supply Chain Co-ordinator
- Build good working relationships with suppliers, transport and warehouse providers and colleagues
- Instruct hauliers to ensure the timely and accurate collection and delivery of goods, maintaining regular communication and obtaining progress updates as required.
- Completing Import/Export customs entries
- Liaise with suppliers, transport and warehouse providers and others to obtain information, ensuring that procedures are followed
- Manage stocks in terms of goods receipts, adjustments and transfers as required, raising cases as appropriate.
- Managing purchase orders, ensuring accuracy levels are maintained
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
- General office administration (e.g. filing/ record keeping)
- Provide cover for members of the Supply Chain team as required
- Work closely with other departments across the business
The Supply Chain Co-ordinator candidate will need experience in and the following areas:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and using own initiative in a busy environment
- Proactive approach